I'm going to try some new section headings to bin my updates and keep me on track. Since I've always looked at my life as a journey I'm imagining my quest for creativity as a series of wanderings, each one a sort of hike. Some are morning strolls, some more rigorous stomping, and others may be multi-day backpacking treks through isolated forests but all paths bring me back home to a place where I can drop my bag, rest my feet, drink a tall glass of liquid and contemplate my next outing.
Here are the major headings:
- Packing my Bags-Any preparations, planning or activities before the knitting begins
- First Steps-What I'm casting on
- Morning Stroll-Projects that are moving along easily, that I'm making progress on, or are otherwise on cruise control
- Uphill Path-Stuff that I'm working on that takes effort, a new skill I'm working on or something challenging. Also knits that seem to take for ever or that I've had to start over on and I have to tell myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going. This is where the disasters get documented.
- Homeward Bound-The finishing, blocking and other stuff that needs to be done once your done knitting
- Final Destination-A place to show off finished objects
- Back Porch-Other creative chit chat