Saturday, June 27, 2009

CSA Week 4

Week 4 is another green week, albeit with greater variety. The peas are young enough to eat, not shell and the broccolii is plentiful. I'm planning a local stirfry later this week. I have no clue what I will do with all the collards as I dont particularly like them steamed or as any sort of side on their own.
We also picked a some more black raspberries, a lot of shelling peas, and large amount of blueberries (K picked almost a whole pint on her own).
We didn't make it to any markets this week and I didn't really need anything anyway.
At home, its been multiple rounds of the same story: picked fresh flowers, picked the half dozen ripe peas and pulled a few onions. We must have done this a good 8 times over the past few weeks. I really cant wait for some more stuff to come ready in the garden.

No comments: