Tuesday, January 20, 2015

2015 Week 3

I've found my inspiration among several Knit-a-long (KAL) groups on Ravelry. Through their forums, photos, shared projects and challenges I've re-discovered my drive to create. Here is a quick update on all things started and finished.

I've made 2 sets of Bitty Baby Booties in blue and yellow for my nephew, a knitted mason jar cozy and finished a scarf I started a long time ago for myself.

I'm knitting a long with a Crafty class with Anna Dalvi called My First Lace Shawl, which is exactly what it's titled, and introductory class on the techniques and skills needed to knit a simple lace style shawl. While knitting the pattern that comes with the class I also found my way to one of her Mystery KALs (MKALs) and jumped in for a second scarf. I'm finally tackling things like reading charts, increases/decreases for decorative effect, lifelines, and bigger projects.

I've also joined a few hat and sock KALs to keep  me busy and increase variety. And I'm still knitting on the monthly shawl/cowl pattern for January.

I'm also looking ahead to the next few months and trying to figure out which things I want to do more of and what I want to try next. One of my hats did some simple cables and stranded colorwork for the design and so, while I did a crash youtube course to get me through the pattern I think those are going to be what I focus on learning more solidly next.

No comments: