Thursday, January 29, 2015

2015 Week 4

Its almost the end of January and as I look back at the beginning of this new year I see that I hit my stride and maybe over did it a little in my enthusiasm. Not a bad thing and it certainly got my creative juices flowing in a big way but my muscles are telling me I should have eased into it a little bit. 

I started to make progress on several socks, my temperature scarf project and my shawls. In an effort to get a few things off my needles I powered through a night and a morning of dedicated focused knitting and finally finished my monthly shawl/cowl knit a long project, the Armonika Cowl and my 1st of 12 Mystery Hats, this one a stranded colorwork with cables.

I also started planning for February and making lists of things I wanted to make, groups I wanted to knit along with, yarns and needle required and what I needed to purchase. Putting this on paper make me realize that not only am I not slowing but I'm planning to ramp up even more in February but the I find I like the challenge of trying things I either haven't done before, like sweaters, or that push beyond the difficulty of what I already am comfortable with, like complicated socks, mystery patterns, cables, fancy lace and a variety of yarns from singles to super bulky. Here is a quick run down of my plans for February:
  • Februarys mini hat in Meagheen Ryan's 12 month series
  • Hats 3, 4, and 5 in a 12 week Meagheen Ryan's Mystery Knit-a-Long (MKAL) series
  • His Golden Lair shawl for the Mega-KAL KAL
  • Talamh Sweater for Carol Feller's mini-KAL
  • Buttercup's Heros Sock for the Feb/March Solid Sock MKAL
  • No Purl Monkeys Sock for the Fire theme Solid Sock KAL
  • 3 Meagheen Ryan MKALs; one sock, one hat and one big warm thing
I also plan to continue and finish these projects if they are still on the needles by then:
  • My first lace shawl, Waterspout, which will be a gift for my dd (through with 1st chart, still have 2nd to go)
  • Mystic Cuppa, I'm doing as a MKAL with Knit and Knag (finished 1st clue, have to catch up with clue 2 and then several more still to be released)
  • Simple Stockinette Sock for January's Bigfoot theme with Sock-a-long (top down; turned the heel on the first sock)
  • Meagheen Ryan's Name Game sock (top down; still working on cuff of fist sock)
  • Finish January's rows on Temperature scarf (16 days done so far)

No comments: